Chet Barr

Marriage Event

Using TMG 6.08 - In instances of multiple marriages I edit the marriage sentence and insert "first" or "second" or "third" etc. matching same to rightful spouse. My altered sentence is identified as P2 and P1 just above it is blank. Is this a change in this last version or is there a useful reason for the extra sentence.

Chester

Using TMG 6.08 - In instances of multiple marriages I edit the marriage sentence and insert "first" or "second" or "third" etc. matching same to rightful spouse.    My altered sentence is identified as P2 and P1 just above it is blank.  Is this a change in this last version or is there a useful reason for the extra sentence.

Chester

There is a sentence for each person of any tag that has a P1 and P2. What shows on the Tag Edit screen below the Sentence button is the sentence either of both of these sentences if they have been modified locally. So if you are seeing a sentence for P2 then you have modified that sentence locally. The P1 is shown with a blank sentence to let you know that it is using the default sentence. If both sentences are default then nothing will show below the Sentence button.

Yes, this was a change in the latest release...

Lawrence,

You described it exactly, and I knew it had to be new with latest version.

Thanks

Chester

There is a sentence for each person of any tag that has a P1 and P2. What shows on the Tag Edit screen below the Sentence button is the sentence either of both of these sentences if they have been modified locally. So if you are seeing a sentence for P2 then you have modified that sentence locally. The P1 is shown with a blank sentence to let you know that it is using the default sentence. If both sentences are default then nothing will show below the Sentence button.

Yes, this was a change in the latest release...

You have probably already thought of this, but have you considered using roles for this purpose?

For instance I have roles on my marriage tag called first, second etc. with the appropriate sentence for each one. That way I don't have to edit each tags sentence. Also if I want to change anything I can change the master tag and they will all be changed since I don't have any locally edited sentences.

Just thought I'd throw that out there for you. :)

Edited by Matt_G