Trillemus

The Knot System - finding cousins fast and easily?

In my research I often look arround a person and focus on the nearest family. Witnesses are often some of the family. I find it very time consuming and complicated to define a search for uncles, aunts, cousins etc. for a particular person (how to?).

Is the an easy method which will work on any person (enter ID number and push the button)?

May I surgest that Wholly Genes will concider to implement such a feature in the program, maybe based on the so called "Knot System"? For a closer look on this, see The Knot System.

/ Kurt

In my research I often look arround a person and focus on the nearest family. Witnesses are often some of the family. I find it very time consuming and complicated to define a search for uncles, aunts, cousins etc. for a particular person (how to?).

Is the an easy method which will work on any person (enter ID number and push the button)?

May I surgest that Wholly Genes will concider to implement such a feature in the program, maybe based on the so called "Knot System"? For a closer look on this, see The Knot System.

/ Kurt

I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for, but under "reports", there is an option to list a document of related persons (parents, siblings, uncles,...). I have a dutch version, so I don't know what the exact English name is, but it is situated between "journal" and "list of.." under "reports". It gives you a list of all related persons and how they are related.

Dirk

Nice report, but as far as I can see, there is no option for "Secondary output" i.e. settings a flag or exporting to a new dataset?

On the "General" tab in "Report Options" I can only select Ancestors, #of generations, Cousins, Decendants and Spouses. It provides no further filtering. Better than nothing, allright ;-)

/ Kurt