Kaisa

Norton Password Manager

Since I have upgraded The Master Genealogist and Symantic products, when I open Master Genealogist V6.09, the Windows Installer wants to run NOrton password manager....no where can i find how to stop this. NOrton does not support password manager...and this only happens on my Genealogy program. What can I do? Also when I am adding pictures to the slide show, the password manager wants to run..... :blink:

What can I do?

Kaisa

Since I have upgraded The Master Genealogist and Symantic products, when I open Master Genealogist V6.09, the Windows Installer wants to run NOrton password manager....no where can i find how to stop this. NOrton does not support password manager...and this only happens on my Genealogy program. What can I do? Also when I am adding pictures to the slide show, the password manager wants to run..... :blink:

What can I do?

Kaisa

Hi, Kaisa,

Norton Password Manager might have been installed on your machine somewhat "unnoticed"?!? And as far as I just read on Symantec Support pages does not support all applications. This might be the case regarding TMG - but that is just a pure guess because I don't know that Symantec product.

I would search your computer for any files or folder with a name or partly name "NPM" pointing to "NortonPasswordManager".

Try to run "Add or remove programs" and see whether you can uninstall it if you are really sure you don't want it.

Hi, Kaisa,

Norton Password Manager might have been installed on your machine somewhat "unnoticed"?!? And as far as I just read on Symantec Support pages does not support all applications. This might be the case regarding TMG - but that is just a pure guess because I don't know that Symantec product.

I would search your computer for any files or folder with a name or partly name "NPM" pointing to "NortonPasswordManager".

Try to run "Add or remove programs" and see whether you can uninstall it if you are really sure you don't want it.

Vera, thank you for responding so quickly.....I have searched my computer, for files, checked with Norton. I have had Symantic for years and so with TMG...it just started doing this....I will keep looking, if you hear of anything else, let me know.

Thank you again

Kaisa

Vera, thank you for responding so quickly.....I have searched my computer, for files, checked with Norton. I have had Symantic for years and so with TMG...it just started doing this....I will keep looking, if you hear of anything else, let me know.

Thank you again

Kaisa

You're welcome, Kaisa :)

But according to just my two cents the behavior you describe has nothing to do with the recent TMG Update you mentioned in your first post but seems to be related to the "upgraded Symantec products" you additionally talked about.

....I will keep looking, if you hear of anything else, let me know. ...

A little addition, Kaisa

may be this puts a little more light on the possible background:

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nsw.n...v=&osv_lvl=

If nothing seems to work you might want to tell Norton about your issue and see if they are able to figure something out:

http://service1.symantec.com/discuss/suppo...ton_systemworks

A little addition, Kaisa

may be this puts a little more light on the possible background:

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nsw.n...v=&osv_lvl=

If nothing seems to work you might want to tell Norton about your issue and see if they are able to figure something out:

http://service1.symantec.com/discuss/suppo...ton_systemworks

Thank you again, I am trying to deal with Symantic......I can use my TMG, its just a pain when I open up the application...

Have a great day,

Kaisa

Guest PhilDee

Kiasa,

Is it trying to INSTALL Password Manager or Run Password Manager? Password Manager can be set to run on demand or load when Windows starts and then activiate anytime PM senses a page being displayed that requires an input from the user.

Phil

Wholly Genes Tech Support

Thank you again, I am trying to deal with Symantic......I can use my TMG, its just a pain when I open up the application...

Have a great day,

Kaisa

You might also try running 'msconfig' to see if the program has been inserted in the Startup folder. That is:

- Windows START button

- RUN - enter 'msconfig' (without the quotes)

- Righthand tab is Startup

- look through the list of startup programs for anything related to the Norton Password Manager and uncheck it.

Virginia

This may or may not be relevant.

While working on a new computer Windows installer would start up and I would bypass it to keep working. I finally figured out which program it was looking for so the next time windows installer started I inserted the disc and when it started installation I chose 'cancel'. Installer asked if I was sure and I replied yes. . end of problem.

Apparently I had started to install a program but either removed the disc or didn't reboot prior to completion so windows was looking to complete the installation.

Maybe Norton is trying to complete an unfinished install of Password Manager. You might want to try inserting your Norton disc and then cancelling installation.