DeeWee

Multiple photographs in reports

Hi,

When generating non-narrative reports (individual detail, family,..) only the primary photographs can be printed. One of the “problems” I am always struggling with is which photograph to choose as the primary one. Do I take the one at age 20 or at age 50 or maybe 70? It would be nice to be able to print more than 1 picture if several ones are available. Is there any reason why this is not possible. The only reason I can think of is that there might be a problem when having 4 pictures (below one another) and only 2 lines of text. Why not putting or having the possibility of putting several pictures next to each other just below a person’s name. This would take only a limited space and at the same time extend the area for the printed text. Currently, part of the page width is lost because of a photograph being printed. Am I the only person thinking like this or do other people share this feeling?

Dirk

Hi,

When generating non-narrative reports (individual detail, family,..) only the primary photographs can be printed. One of the “problems” I am always struggling with is which photograph to choose as the primary one. Do I take the one at age 20 or at age 50 or maybe 70? It would be nice to be able to print more than 1 picture if several ones are available. Is there any reason why this is not possible. The only reason I can think of is that there might be a problem when having 4 pictures (below one another) and only 2 lines of text. Why not putting or having the possibility of putting several pictures next to each other just below a person’s name. This would take only a limited space and at the same time extend the area for the printed text. Currently, part of the page width is lost because of a photograph being printed. Am I the only person thinking like this or do other people share this feeling?

Dirk

Yes I also wonder why the space under the photo is not used. I would of thought that the text could continue under the photo so that the ID report may take up less pages.

I too had difficulty deciding which photo was primary. My work around is to use photoshop (or other image editor) and combine multiple image together into a single picture and make that compilation primary. It's actually quite interesting to have one image with dad as boy, dad in the army, dad at fifty all together.