map

Can't find report templates

Trying to print a report to screen, got error message "Report template RRW/LC_P0505.RRW cannot be found." Tried several more reports and got the same message. Looked in Windows Explorer, and it looks like all the .rrw files are there, in the "rrw" subdirectory. How can I make TMG find them? (As usual, have been away from my genealogy for months, so have no idea what I may have done to "lose" these files. Using TMG 6.09 Gold.)

TIA,

Michelle

PS Apologies - Posted this first on v5 by mistake!

M

Trying to print a report to screen, got error message "Report template RRW/LC_P0505.RRW cannot be found." Tried several more reports and got the same message.

A beta tester got this and it's been reported to the developers but we still don't have any idea how to replicate it. I've generated dozens of reports in the last week without the error.

A beta tester got this and it's been reported to the developers but we still don't have any idea how to replicate it. I've generated dozens of reports in the last week without the error.

I got this error in the past week as well. I re-installed TMG and the error went away. This was on v6.09 for me, before I upped to v6.10.

Trying to print a report to screen, got error message "Report template RRW/LC_P0505.RRW cannot be found." Tried several more reports and got the same message. Looked in Windows Explorer, and it looks like all the .rrw files are there, in the "rrw" subdirectory. How can I make TMG find them? (As usual, have been away from my genealogy for months, so have no idea what I may have done to "lose" these files. Using TMG 6.09 Gold.)

TIA,

Michelle

PS Apologies - Posted this first on v5 by mistake!

M

Michelle,

please go to the "sysdata" directory in the folder where TMG is installed on your computer. Here you will find a file named "INSTALL.LOG". Please make a copy of that file and sent it directly to me. I would like to look at it and see whether this gives more insight.

You find my email address when you Click here!

I fixed it!

Thanks to all who responded to my question, and my apologies for the delay in getting back to you all. As usual, I had a few hours that one day with my TMG and didn't get back to it until last night, when I read an email from WG Tech Service saying I would have to reinstall TMG if the reports were also missing from the Sample project. But the reports were still OK in my Sample so I...

- backed up my currect "data" only,

- restored a 2-week old "full" backup, (then the reports were OK),

- restored the current data only.

Back in business! Hope this helps someone figure out what's going on. Thanks as always for all the support!

Michelle