dreward

V6.10 - Sources definitions blanco

Have just tried to create/copy a source definition - filled in all the required fields in Tab General, then went to Output Form to preview.

All I get now when I click on Preview(Fullfootnote -(Read Only)) is a blanco box except for the words Full footnote, Short footnote or Bibliography - in other words none of the data filled in under the General tab.

Furthermore, none of my pre-6.10 existing sources are showing any data at all now in preview.

On completing installation of 6.10, I had previously run reindex, Optimise and Validate without any noticeable problems being corrected

NB in all cases each field in the General Tab is (still) filled in

Help??!

Dave

Utrecht Holland

Have just tried to create/copy a source definition - filled in all the required fields in Tab General, then went to Output Form to preview.

All I get now when I click on Preview(Fullfootnote -(Read Only)) is a blanco box except for the words Full footnote, Short footnote or Bibliography - in other words none of the data filled in under the General tab.

Furthermore, none of my pre-6.10 existing sources are showing any data at all now in preview.

On completing installation of 6.10, I had previously run reindex, Optimise and Validate without any noticeable problems being corrected

NB in all cases each field in the General Tab is (still) filled in

Help??!

Dave

Utrecht Holland

Dave, this is a known problem applying to non-English languages. It should be fixed in the next update.

Virginia

Dave, this is a known problem applying to non-English languages. It should be fixed in the next update.

Virginia

Virginia,

Thanks for your reply but surely this can't be right. As I said I didn't have this problem up to tuesday evening when I upgraded to 6.10 and I have always and still do use the English(UK) language, never having adventured into anything else despite my living in Holland.

Therefore I do not understand how your answer relates to the/my problem.

Am I to understand that untill the next update is released that I will not be able to print any sources with my reports?

Dave

As Virginia said... There is a bug in v6.10 previewing source templates on the Output form tab of the Source Definition Screen when you have TMG set to a language other than English (U.S.).

This has only to do with previewing source templates on the Output form tab and has absolutely nothing to do with printing a report.

The bug should be fixed in the v6.11 update.

Virginia,

Thanks for your reply but surely this can't be right. As I said I didn't have this problem up to tuesday evening when I upgraded to 6.10 and I have always and still do use the English(UK) language, never having adventured into anything else despite my living in Holland.

Therefore I do not understand how your answer relates to the/my problem.

Am I to understand that untill the next update is released that I will not be able to print any sources with my reports?

Dave

I have English U.S. and it is OK There is another report on the forum of the same problem in English U.K. so it must be non-English U.S. I assumed it was a display issue and sources would appear in reports correctly. Have you tried any reports?

Virginia