Viper2004

VCF export to jpg crashes

Hello.

The jpg export worked fine with a 35363 x 4049 picture of 6,87 Mb filesize.

After adding some more family VCF simply breaks down - Windows asks me if i want to send a Trouble-Report (i allways answer No) - and thats it - VCF closes down.

I had this trouble before with a pretty big Descendant-Chart - so i guess it's all about size.

Is there something i can do to export these huge Charts to jpg? PDF would be fine as well - anything i could let print at a store.

If i simply resize the chart, the connection lines get small errors.

Regards,

Philipp

Hello.

The jpg export worked fine with a 35363 x 4049 picture of 6,87 Mb filesize.

After adding some more family VCF simply breaks down - Windows asks me if i want to send a Trouble-Report (i allways answer No) - and thats it - VCF closes down.

I had this trouble before with a pretty big Descendant-Chart - so i guess it's all about size.

Is there something i can do to export these huge Charts to jpg? PDF would be fine as well - anything i could let print at a store.

If i simply resize the chart, the connection lines get small errors.

Regards,

Philipp

Philipp,

This is a known problem that I believe is outside of the control of Whollygenes (except for a cleaner method saying VCF can't export a chart of size larger than XXXX pixels). I am not sure whether it is a Windows issue, a 3rd party tool issue or a JPG format limitation.

However, what you need to do is find a better quality PDF writer "pseudo-printer" tool (probably not free) that will create high quality very large custom page size PDF files. I use "deskPDF" because it can do this when you set the "Custom Postscript" page size. Beware that many of these packages don't render the chart correctly; they get the margins wrong, render lines at the wrong thickness and can render some overlapping objects in the wrong order so that they obscure items that should be visible in the final product.

Robin