patsy

Sources Question - global changes/viewing individual and his footnotes?

1. I entered a new family yesterday and after adding about 20 sources from the same book, realized that while I had added the page number of the reference in the citation screen, but I had forgotten to to add the VOLUME number. Is there a global way to make changes?

I spent about 3 hours going through all of the footnotes and adding the volume one-by-one, but I'm still missing some of the footnotes that don't have the volume specified.

2. Also, is there a way to view all of the footnotes for the individual OR for a family OR for a particular source without running my report, so I can see which citations are still lacking the volume? I'm often having a hard time finding the right footnote to change if a person has a bunch of footnotes from the same book.

Thanks!

1. I entered a new family yesterday and after adding about 20 sources from the same book, realized that while I had added the page number of the reference in the citation screen, but I had forgotten to to add the VOLUME number. Is there a global way to make changes?

I spent about 3 hours going through all of the footnotes and adding the volume one-by-one, but I'm still missing some of the footnotes that don't have the volume specified.

2. Also, is there a way to view all of the footnotes for the individual OR for a family OR for a particular source without running my report, so I can see which citations are still lacking the volume? I'm often having a hard time finding the right footnote to change if a person has a bunch of footnotes from the same book.

Thanks!

John Cardinal's TMGUtility will do this for you. Use the Change Citation option and set the from and to citation to the same and you can replace the text with the new text with the Volume.

You can obtain it from http://www.johncardinal.com/tmgutil/

Don't leave home without it! :goof::goof:

John Cardinal's TMGUtility will do this for you. Use the Change Citation option and set the from and to citation to the same and you can replace the text with the new text with the Volume.

You can obtain it from http://www.johncardinal.com/tmgutil/

Don't leave home without it! :goof::goof:

Thank you VERY much for recommending the utility and for suggesting a way to do it!