Jobrd

Preferred Spouse

My early New England history, as well as the frequency of divorce in the current era leave me with some confusion. In the lists of children and spouses of individuals, the spouse listed seems to be the last/most recent spouse. Frequently this spouse is not the mother of the children.

For example, my 6th great grandfather shows with his last wife, and not my 6th great grandmother on the list of "children" on the person screen of my 7th great grandfather. This means I have to recall off the top of my head the name of the last spouse of individuals rather than the name of the preffered spouse, the mother of the children.

SO... all that said, can I change that list to show the spouse of my choosing?

Thanks

While in the Details Window open the marriage that you want displayed. Click OK to close. Windows should remember that marriage and it will appear in subsequent use. This does not impact reports just what you see just wat you see in children and siblings windows.

Bob

Details window / Family tab

The 'current' spouse is the one shown on this tab. If the spouse is the wrong one, just select the spouse whom who wish to have displayed as the 'current' spouse. That spouse will then display in the Children and Siblings windows, for example.