ScottStewart

Embedding brackets

Is it possible to embed brackets "[" or "]" in the sentence structure of a source? As an example, if I'm citing an on-line database, I would like to include "[on-line database]" in the footnote and bibliography citation sentences, as recommended by many sources.

Yes, you can use square brackets so long as you realize that TMG can become confused if the contents within the brackets is the same as a defined variable. Your example of "[on-line database]" is fine, but adding something like "[comments]" would not since this word is a variable.

Yes, you can use square brackets so long as you realize that TMG can become confused if the contents within the brackets is the same as a defined variable. Your example of "[on-line database]" is fine, but adding something like "[comments]" would not since this word is a variable.

Thanks, Michael. Infortunately, TMG forces everything within the square brackets to upper case. Is there any way around this?

------------

Scott Stewart

Thanks, Michael. Infortunately, TMG forces everything within the square brackets to upper case. Is there any way around this?

I don't know a solution for Source Types, but for individual sources you can enter the bracketed phrase in the Comments field or another data element, and place that element in the templates.