TMG 6.12/winXP SP2

I am trying to add children to a father (mother unknown), using add son/daughter. Makes no differenece if I use the icon on the tool bar or use the drop down menu, the following occurs:

When in the father person view, the child is listed twice, with identical data. In the child view, the correct father is identified. When I delete one of the duplicates (from the father view), I get a message saying that this child has no primary parent and the duplicate disappears. When I click on the -bio tag, the correct father/child relationship is displayed. However, when I go to the child's person view, no parent is listed.

I hope I explained this clearly. What is happening and how can I correct this?

Bob,

When you see the son or daughter duplicated from the parent view ie son-bio tag appears twice, is one of the tags marked as primary (*) and the other non-primary (no *)?

I have seen this in someone else's database and we were able to fix the problem by deleting the non-primary son-bio tag. The list of events report has options that will allow you to search for any other occurences.

Doesn't answer the question though - how did it happen? I've tried everything I can think of and haven't been able to replicate the issue.

Cheers,

Neil Bradley

Edited by nbradley

Bob,

When you see the son or daughter duplicated from the parent view ie son-bio tag appears twice, is one of the tags marked as primary (*) and the other non-primary (no *)?

I have seen this in someone else's database and we were able to fix the problem by deleting the non-primary son-bio tag. The list of events report has options that will allow you to search for any other occurences.

Doesn't answer the question though - how did it happen? I've tried everything I can think of and haven't been able to replicate the issue.

Cheers,

Neil Bradley

Yes, only one of the tags was primary. I discovered my problem. When I went to add the child, a screen popped up asking for the other parent - which I misread as asking for THE parent - and added the father's number (again). This resulted in the duplicate child.

When I finally learned how to read, I skipped this screen and everything returned to as it should be.

Thanks