Philip Hunt

Global Fix for Lost Marriage Tags

I imported my dataset from Reunion via a GEDCOM and later found that many of the spouses were not linked with a marriage tag. I usually discover this when I am looking at a child record that shows both mother and father, but when I go to either mother or father, their spouse is not connect. Of course, when I find these, I fix them. Is there a way to find all the missing marriage tags? Say, produce a report that shows records that have the same children, but appear not to be married?

Philip

Philip,

For future reference, there is an option using the Advanced Wizard for GEDCOM import to 'Assume marriage of parents' (STEP 5 - GEDCOM Options 1) which would have created the Marriage tags you are 'missing'.

You can find such people with a filtered List of People report.

Filter

# of children > 0 AND

# of Marriage Group tags = 0 END

This could miss situations where both of the spouses had more than one marriage but should catch most cases.

Jim

Philip,

For future reference, there is an option using the Advanced Wizard for GEDCOM import to 'Assume marriage of parents' (STEP 5 - GEDCOM Options 1) which would have created the Marriage tags you are 'missing'.

You can find such people with a filtered List of People report.

Filter

# of children > 0 AND

# of Marriage Group tags = 0 END

This could miss situations where both of the spouses had more than one marriage but should catch most cases.

Jim

Ahah. Thanks