Carol

"print to screen" automatically minimizes report

I've noticed of late that whenever I run a report to print to the screen, the report is generated and then automatically is minimized to the task bar. I know it wasn't this way before, although I can't be sure when the change happened. It's not a huge thing, of course, but just enough to be annoying.

Is there something that I inadvertantly changed that has caused this? I've looked through all of the preferences and I haven't seen anything to switch it back to how it used to be.

Hi Carol;

Just a FYI, I have the same problem. I'm not sure when it started happening (just recently though). I haven't tried Viriginia's suggestion yet.

Jeff

Thank you, Virginia.

After I posted today, suddenly it's not doing it any more. Ain't it always the way?

Jeff, I appreciate your posting that I'm not the only one this happens to.

I've got some more clues about this strange behavior, that might help in troubleshooting. As you may have guessed, it came back. I've been going through a number of records, checking for errors and this behavior of reports changes at seemingly random intervals. However, at the same time that the reports are in "automatic minimize" mode, there's another curious thing.

If I click on the Father tag to check the source there, and then close that window, the highlight goes back to Name. However, if the reports are not in "automatic minimize" mode, when I close the window, the highlight stays on the Father tag.

Very confusing and I'm probably not explaining it very well.

Carol, it did the exact same thing to me...exactly as you described. It started happening out of the blue...did it for a couple of days...and then stopped. All within the last two weeks. Strange but I'm very glad it stopped.