JRL

GenSmarts Error when initiated from TMG

Hi,

I have downloaded and installed GenSmarts. It operates as expected when run independently of TMG, however when I try to start it from within TMG v6.12.000 I receive the error message:

“GSCMA90 - Error processing GSExec(EDOMParseError) [A semi colon character was expected.”

I understand that this could be because I have an ampersand in our Windows XP user name (John & Ruth).

Can anybody confirm this? Apart from changing the user name is there a solution to the problem?

John

Virginia pointed me to the ampersand issue on the GenSmarts board. This has been posted as a TMG bug and is still pending. The only solution to not use the '&' until the character translation in the TMG GenSmarts module is fixed.

John, I wonder if it would work if you installed GenSmarts for 'All Users' instead of 'John & Ruth' - even if TMG is installed to 'John & Ruth.

Virginia

Virginia,

Thank you for the suggestion.

I've (re)installed GenSmarts for 'All Users' and unfortunately it makes no difference. I can use GenSmarts successfully from a different XP user (without an ampersand) but that is not a solution for me as we are heavy users of Outlook with BCM.

It seems that it has been a known problem since at least January 2005 so it appears TMG have not put a high priority on fixing it.

John