Ok, I received my book "Getting the most out of TMG" and read up on Terry's input for creating multi marriages, it works great, but still have some questions. I am correcting my one project that I imported and doing it manually, my other project will be about twice as many people (about 13,000). All my marriages converted over using the roles Groom and Bride, Is there any way to globally change the tags to principle? I don't like the way they display on the screen if using roles - for example in the marriage tag the name displays as Bride; John Doe (1023) if you use principles instead of groom and bride they just display as John Doe (1023). Or is there a way to change the way the names display and I can leave the tags using the role of groom and bride and just change the sentence structure the way Terry suggests. I hope this is not too confusing. :blink:

Yes, you can do either one:

John Cardinal's TMG Utility has a change Roles function. It will, for example, change all Bride roles in Marriage tags to Principal.

Or, you can leave them and change the way they display. On the Other tab of the Tag Type Definition screen (reached from the Tools > Tag Types menu) you can specify to not display roles for Principals. The trouble with this solution is that if you then use the method I suggest for recording multiple marriages, those roles won't display either. I rather like having them display.