cblandry

"Primary" Designation throughout Database

Upon import from Family Origins to TMG, no tags were linked as "primary".

I've thought of three possible ways that this could be solved:

1) Adding the primary tag to large groups at one time, as my current database has 5000+ individuals (see previous post in forum),

2) Reloading/re-importing from Family Origins. In the advanced import options, however, setting events as "primary" does not seem to be an option.

3) Setting the Report/Chart options to print more than just the "primary" birth/marriage/death information. All of the links in the chartbuilder options seem to be limited to "primary", however.

If anyone has any ideas as to any of the above, I would be most appreciative!

Thanks so much.

Catherine

I'll have to get to a FOW database on another machine to test the import but have never seen that problem.

You should have no reason to need to use the Advanced Import Wizard with a Family Origins import. Have you tried the import using the Simple Import Wizard (the default)?

Update: I can replicate the problem importing using the Simple Import Wizard. Arghhh!

Not sure how to respond and will be back.

You might want to play with a GEDCOM import in the meantime.

Edited by Jim Byram

I'll have to get to a FOW database on another machine to test the import but have never seen that problem.

You should have no reason to need to use the Advanced Import Wizard with a Family Origins import. Have you tried the import using the Simple Import Wizard (the default)?

Update: I can replicate the problem importing using the Simple Import Wizard. Arghhh!

Not sure how to respond and will be back.

You might want to play with a GEDCOM import in the meantime.

Thank you so much! Keep me posted...

(We are right now at IGHR at Samford U. in Birmingham, AL, and have been hearing wonderful things about TMG support -- with your response we know that is true!)

Catherine