dvs

placemap.upd error

When opening TMG I get the following message: Ready to Process Update - An automated update file (placemap.upd) was found.It is designed to apply changes to the way that the Place Mapping feature works. ... Are you sure that you want to process this update file? If you answer No then the update file will be renamed to placemap.xxx and will not be applied.

I have tried answering yes and I have tried answering no to this message but it continues to appear each time I open TMG.

I did a search on my computer for placemap.* and cannot find the file. I am runing ver 6.12 on Windows Vista.

Thanks.

I tried to run the program as administrator. I got the same message, replied to it, but it couldn't find my project. So I removed the check in the run as admin checkbox, I didn't get the placemap message and it opened my project correctly. I'm running the program from program files and my project is in my Users directory.

I did use the work around for the window not refreshing properly and it works great!

I'm going to download the WinHelp update.

So far I haven't had any other issues running TMG under Vista.

When you ran as Administrator, the placemap.upd was successfully used. So the message should not occur.

Let me put this in stronger terms... You must run TMG v6.12 under WinVista as administrator. Otherwise, all sorts of issues and limitations will occur.

When you run as administrator, you need to update the default project path in Preferences / Program Options / General tab / Default Project Path.

I think that you need to contact Support and have Phil work through getting you running under WinVista as you need to be.