Viper2004

Finding events without sources

Hello.

During the last year i added some infos that were based on telephone calls or personal meetings. While i recorded every WRITTEN source i forgot recording the "word of mouth" sources. I'd like to change that as long as i remember most spoken sources. Is there a way to find all events that haven't a source yet or will i have to go through every single entry and check manually? (Sorry for my poor english - it's not my native language.)

- Thanks, Phil

You can probably find at least most of them. I assume most of what you entered are in Event Tags - birth, marriage, death, note, occupation, etc. Not names or parent/child relationships.

For the event tags, you can find them as long as there is not already another source cited for the tag - that is, there are actually no sources cited. Use the List of Events report, with a filter of:

Number of citations = 0

In Options, set the output columns to include something useful, like Tag Type Label, and name and/or ID# of Principal1.

If you think you have entered names from this information, perhaps nicknames, you can use the List of Names report, with a filter of:

# of citations = 0

I don't know of a way to find any parent/child relationship tags with no citations.

And, by the way, your English is fine, and perfectly understandable. :)