mkd19

30-day Trial

Hi. I've been considering purchasing TMG to replace Family Tree Maker 16. Last night, I downloaded the 30-day trial of TMG and was impressed by how easily it installed and imported some of my FTM data. I was also impressed by the number of pre-loaded source templates and reports, as I was led to believe that the individual user needed to establish/design these items. I have two questions:

1. Could someone confirm for me whether the 30-day trial program is identical to TMG v. 6.12 out of the box? In other words, does TMG really come with all these pre-loaded source templates and report templates, or are they just built into the trial program as examples?

2. I understand that version 7 will be released soon. Will that be available as a free upgrade to purchasers of v. 6.12?

Thanks,

M.D.

1. Could someone confirm for me whether the 30-day trial program is identical to TMG v. 6.12 out of the box? In other words, does TMG really come with all these pre-loaded source templates and report templates, or are they just built into the trial program as examples?

You are running the actual program. The program will run in 'trial' mode with all features for 30 days. When you buy the program, you've already got it installed and you unlock it by entering the registration information that you will receive.

2. I understand that version 7 will be released soon. Will that be available as a free upgrade to purchasers of v. 6.12?

This a quote of the policy:

"Those who purchased TMG v6 after 17 Aug 2007 (or 90 days before release of TMG v7, whichever is earlier) will get a free update to TMG v7."