Violet

Nelp generating ahnentafel report

Hello, I just ordered TMG 6 Gold along with the training video. Because I am trying to get a jump start on the program, I have a trial version installed for now.

(1) My problem: I am having trouble generating a complete ahnentafel report. Although I have Number of Generations set to 50 (Under the Report Definitions > Options > General tab], I can't seem to generate a report that shows more than 4 generations. I can't find a step-by-step demonstration of how to generate a complete ahnentafel report.

(2) Also, what does "Print Page Range" mean on the main Report Definitions page?

(3) Can I use the ahnentafel numbers as reference numbers [as opposed to the person ID numbers]?

Thank you to whoever takes the time to help me out on this. I'm pretty excited by the possibilities of this program.

Violet

Hello, I just ordered TMG 6 Gold along with the training video.

Welcome to TMG! :)

(1) My problem: I am having trouble generating a complete ahnentafel report. Although I have Number of Generations set to 50 (Under the Report Definitions > Options > General tab], I can't seem to generate a report that shows more than 4 generations.

The most common reason that people don't appear in reports as expected is because the Surety setting in the report is higher than the highest surety for the name or relationship tag for that person. Try setting Surety on the General tab of Options to "No Threshold" and check "Include blank surety."

(2) Also, what does "Print Page Range" mean on the main Report Definitions page?

According to Help:

Print Page Range

To print a range of pages:

Enter the first and last page numbers to print. This option is available when printing to Screen or to Printer.

(3) Can I use the ahnentafel numbers as reference numbers [as opposed to the person ID numbers]?

I'm not sure what you mean here. The ahnentafel numbers already print in front of the person's name. You can turn off the ID#s if you don't want them on the Names tab of Options.

I'm pretty excited by the possibilities of this program.

I think you will find it provides lots of capabilities. Sometimes it just takes a while to find all the controls. You might find my website (link below) helpful.

Welcome to TMG! :)

The most common reason that people don't appear in reports as expected is because the Surety setting in the report is higher than the highest surety for the name or relationship tag for that person. Try setting Surety on the General tab of Options to "No Threshold" and check "Include blank surety."

According to Help:

Print Page Range

To print a range of pages:

Enter the first and last page numbers to print. This option is available when printing to Screen or to Printer.

I'm not sure what you mean here. The ahnentafel numbers already print in front of the person's name. You can turn off the ID#s if you don't want them on the Names tab of Options.

I think you will find it provides lots of capabilities. Sometimes it just takes a while to find all the controls. You might find my website (link below) helpful.

Thank you, Terry. I haven't had a chance to try out your suggestions, but I just got my hard copy for TMG yesterday and so will be giving it another try later on. I will definitely check our your website for suggestions for TMG. I have seen your other helpful posts on this forum and can see that you know the program pretty well. Thanks again. :D