gsbrown4

Getting multiple (repeating) source citations in Descendant Indented Narrative report.

I'm running 6.12 on a Vista machine. I have not had this problem with other reports. It seems to not occur until 6 or 7th generation entries. A source that has been cited correctly earlier in the report sudeenly may be repeated three times when it shouls have only aoccurred once. Sometine the repeat is only twice. I want to know if anyone else has noted this problem. It is easy to miss because it is almost random. It is repeatable but it only occurs on a few citations. I would like to know if this is another Vista-TMG bug or should I be talking to tech support.

Check the data where the citations occur. If the same citation occurred, for example, for the primary name, the father relationship and the mother relationship, you would get three identical citations at the same place in the report. A simple test is to turn off the relationship citations on the Sources tab in the report options and see if that makes a difference.

Check the data where the citations occur. If the same citation occurred, for example, for the primary name, the father relationship and the mother relationship, you would get three identical citations at the same place in the report. A simple test is to turn off the relationship citations on the Sources tab in the report options and see if that makes a difference.

That does solve most of my problems here. thanks a lot. I also read in an answer to another question that a tag gives rise to a source ebven if it contains no sentence data. That at times was also giving rise to what appeared to be duplicate sources.

I appreciate you taking the time to help.