Judy M.

"Primary" in marriage

I'm still having a problem with this. Looking at my grandfather on the top of a descendent box chart, all the Marriage designations show up on the spouses of blood relatives, not the actual blood relatives. Should I care that this is occurring this way?

Thanks!

I'm still having a problem with this. Looking at my grandfather on the top of a descendent box chart, all the Marriage designations show up on the spouses of blood relatives, not the actual blood relatives. Should I care that this is occurring this way?

In the report Options > Data Types, you have a choice whether to put the marriage info in the spouse box or the descendants box. See screenshot below for this option.

If you go to the WG sample reports web site and look at the Descendant Box Chart, the default there is for the marriage to appear in the spouse box.

http://www.whollygenes.com/samplereports.p...CENDANTBOXCHART

Virginia

DescChart.jpg

If you go to the WG sample reports web site and look at the Descendant Box Chart, the default there is for the marriage to appear in the spouse box.

Ah, okay. Do most people just leave it that way? For some reason I thought it was weird. :)

I'm glad you mentioned that screen though. I had been wondering how to change "at" to "in" for the Place preposition. I was born *in* a city, not *at* a city. :)

Thanks for your input.