Jeff F

Problem With Journal Report

I'm having an issue with the journal report function. Certain children arent showing up in the report under their "generation" heading.

Children with a plus sign next to them show up further down in the report under their respective "generation" heading. Children without a plus sign next to them do not show up anywhere else in the report.

I've tried all of the settings that I can think of and nothing seems to make a difference. I exported my data to a gedcom file and imported it into another genealogy program, ran their journal report and all of the children showed up where they were supposed to.

So what am I missing?

Only children who themselves have children get their own section in a Journal - those are the ones with the plus sign. Children who do not have children only appear in the list of children under their parents.

I think the theory is this is a descendants report - if there are no descendants from these children then the line stops with them and they don't merit their own section.

Only children who themselves have children get their own section in a Journal - those are the ones with the plus sign. Children who do not have children only appear in the list of children under their parents.

I think the theory is this is a descendants report - if there are no descendants from these children then the line stops with them and they don't merit their own section.

Thanks Terry.

I'm not sure if I agree with that line of thinking but if thats the way it is I wont have to spend any more time on it.

Thanks for clearing it up fo me!

Jeff