Jeff F

City, Township, County & State

In instances where the census calls out a city, township, county and state, how do you enter them in the tag window? If theres a city listed along with the township, county and state do you list all of them or do you stick to city, county and state?

When using all four locations, the output seems a little cluttered and hard to follow in my Journal reports.

Thanks.

Jeff,

I have a custom place style called Districts:

<in the [District]>< of [County], ><[state], ><[Country], >

District is L2

I record the city, but it doesn't print. In Tennessee, these Civil Districts (townships) are used in vital records as well, so it helps to know what Civil District a person lived in. You could put the City into the template if you wanted it to print. It's L3.

Jeff,

I have a custom place style called Districts:

<in the [District]>< of [County], ><[state], ><[Country], >

District is L2

I record the city, but it doesn't print. In Tennessee, these Civil Districts (townships) are used in vital records as well, so it helps to know what Civil District a person lived in. You could put the City into the template if you wanted it to print. It's L3.

Thank you.

I havent really decided how to approach this yet. For the time being it isnt critical but moving forward I'd like to have something in place. I appreciate your input.