New user. I thought I understood the basics of how to construct a filter, but attempting a simple one has failed. I have made a filter for List of People to find any BMD event in Lenawee County. My fields are birth group, marriage group, and death group. Each subfield is County. The operator for each line is = and the value is LENAWEE. Each line is separated by OR with END at the end. Seems simple. My result is that no people meet the filter definition. I have lots of BMD events in Lenawee County. What am I doing wrong (this time)?

Sounds to me like it should work, and it does in my tests.

When you entered the county name in the County field did you include "County" or "Co."? If so, the operators need to be Contains rather than equal.

Sounds to me like it should work, and it does in my tests.

When you entered the county name in the County field did you include "County" or "Co."? If so, the operators need to be Contains rather than equal.

Thanks. The "contains" tip gave me an Ah-ha moment. It now works, sort of. It produces a report, but with only birth and death events. I have two people married in Lenawee Co. and it lists them with their birth and death dates, even though they were not born there and did not die there. Shouldn't it list their marriage date, since that is the BMD event that occurred in Lenawee Co.?

jdraganchuk,

The output for the report only lists what you tell it to list. The default columns do not include Marriage. Click Options to open the Options window then click on the Output columns tab. Add two columns one for the Marriage Group date and and one for the Marriage place.

You may want to send the report to a spread sheet so you can wrap the text in the columns as needed get it to print all the columns out in landscape.

Janis Parkison Rodriguez

jdraganchuk,

The output for the report only lists what you tell it to list. The default columns do not include Marriage. Click Options to open the Options window then click on the Output columns tab. Add two columns one for the Marriage Group date and and one for the Marriage place.

You may want to send the report to a spread sheet so you can wrap the text in the columns as needed get it to print all the columns out in landscape.

Janis Parkison Rodriguez

Got it. Thank you so much for your help.