JRL

v7.00.000-GenSmarts module

It states above that Gensmarts runs properly from the Tools menu. In fact for those of us with an ampersand in our computer user name it does not. It did not in version 6 either. It is really disappointing that this previously acknowledged TMG problem (no, it is not a GenSmarts problem) has not been fixed. The entries from the V6 forum on this issue seem to have disappeared.

In my envirionment I have no choice but to have the "&". Judging from V6 forum I am not the only TMG user waiting for this to be fixed.

I live in hope.

John

Here is your topic.

http://www.whollygenes.com/forums201/index...?showtopic=7219

As far as I can see, the issue is unique to you.

Looking for the bug report. Sorry. My fault. The use of '&' in data was fixed for v7 but the issue of the user name slipped by. I've reactivated the bug report and we'll see if that can be fixed for v7.01.

Here is your topic.

http://www.whollygenes.com/forums201/index...?showtopic=7219

As far as I can see, the issue is unique to you.

Looking for the bug report. Sorry. My fault. The use of '&' in data was fixed for v7 but the issue of the user name slipped by. I've reactivated the bug report and we'll see if that can be fixed for v7.01.

Thanks Jim for the positive response.

John

The first fix failed. However, looking at the error message generated by testing, The error occurs in a path (containing the user name) that is only used by GenSmarts itself and not a path used by the TMG module (as far as I can tell).

The path that failed was clipped but apparently was something like:

C:\Users\user&user\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\GenSmarts

GenSmarts has two files virtualized .mjf files stored in that location under my normal user account.

You might ask Aaron about this.

What would happen if you write the path the same way we HTMLers do when we want an embedded ampersand in the webpage link, as

C:\Users\user&user\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\GenSmarts

?

& is the escape character

amp is the mnenomic for &

; closes it

Edited by retsof