Sign in to follow this  
Morbius

Parents in birth tag

I have been generating a lot of reports, mostly family group sheets and journal reports, and hope to generate a bit more data for spouses beyond name and birth date.  Some time back, a friend on this website noted that I could generate a spouses parents names by modifying a birth tag, e.g.

[:CR:][:CR:][P] [PAR], was born <[D]> <[L]>

Modification (adding [PAR]) generates the following sentence, which was what I was looking for:

Mattie Lou Harman, daughter of John Marion Harman I and Virgie Victoria Hager, was born on 18 July 1925.

However, I would like to figure out a way to add birth and death year for the parents, e.g

Mattie Lou Harman, daughter of John Marion Harman I (1890-1972) and Virgie Victoria Hager (1893-1992), was born on 18 July 1925.

I just haven't been able to figure it out, and have been adding this information to reports manually.  I was hoping someone here might have an idea.

Sorry, I know of no variables or automated way to generate that data in a TMG report.  That is one of the nice things about Second Site in that the separate Parent Section at the top of the person's page gives the parents' birth/death dates.