Sign in to follow this  
Regau

VISTA

My laptop XP computer completely crashed today. I do regular backups of the data so hopefully the data will all be there. I have a new one with Vista on it. When I insert the disk withTMG v7 I cannot get it to load - no reaction at all.

I am able to use the hard disk from the XP lap top (it wasn't the disk that crashed - just the computer it self) through a portable container with usb attached to new computer. However, when I select TMG on that disk it informs it "cannot locate the Microsoft Foxpro support Library".

Please I need help.

Ta

Reg

My laptop XP computer completely crashed today. I do regular backups of the data so hopefully the data will all be there. I have a new one with Vista on it. When I insert the disk withTMG v7 I cannot get it to load - no reaction at all.

Is this the same disk you are talking about or something else?

I am able to use the hard disk from the XP lap top (it wasn't the disk that crashed - just the computer it self) through a portable container with usb attached to new computer. However, when I select TMG on that disk it informs it "cannot locate the Microsoft Foxpro support Library".

No, you have to actually install the program on the new computer - you can't just add the HD from the old computer and run if off that. There are various files copied and entries made during the install process in addition the files copied into the program folder.

Have you installed TMG on the new computer?

Is this the same disk you are talking about or something else?

No, you have to actually install the program on the new computer - you can't just add the HD from the old computer and run if off that. There are various files copied and entries made during the install process in addition the files copied into the program folder.

Have you installed TMG on the new computer?

I have a new laptop with Vista. There was nothing on the computer except what it came with.

I have the Wholly Genes disk with TMG V7. It will not install.

I have backed up data on an external HD which I am hoping I can restore to TMG V7 when it is installed. BUT, the TMG V7 install disk is not responding when I select "US Edition installer".

Try downloading the v7.02 full installer and running it from your hard drive.

US

http://www.whollygenes.com/files/tmg7setup.exe

UK

http://www.whollygenes.com/files/tmg7uksetup.exe

Also, be sure to run the installer from an account with administrator permissions.

Thanks Jim, I was thinking of that avenue as a last resort.

Now up and running. Loaded TMG from the net. Now, I have trouble with photographs in the Journal Report when plotted out to 'Word'. One only pic is appearing in the Report. I have been through the exact same procedure as I have always done with reports. I cannot find what is happening.

Anyone else having this problem?

Reg

Now up and running. Loaded TMG from the net. Now, I have trouble with photographs in the Journal Report when plotted out to 'Word'. One only pic is appearing in the Report. I have been through the exact same procedure as I have always done with reports. I cannot find what is happening.

Reg

Do you have "All images" checked on the exhibits tab of the journal options?

formerprof

Reg

Do you have "All images" checked on the exhibits tab of the journal options?

formerprof

Yes, I have it selected. I haven't done anything different to what I have done in the past. I can see my exhibits in the exhibits folder so they are in the correct place (that is where the installation of TMG put them).