Morbius

Names, Numbers, and Variables

This is probably a beginner's question, but I haven't been able to figure it out.

I have been working with names in event tags. In this specific instance a name for a princpal in a Funeral Tag. The sentence structure is simple "Funeral services were conduced <[D]><at [L]><. [M]>"

I would like to add the principals name, something like "Funeral services for [P] were conduced <[D]><at [L]><. [M]>"

When I generate the Individual Narrative Preview, the sentence begins with "Thomas Hager (12345) . . . . " the number being the number assigned by the program, when I first entered Thomas Hager.

I would like to generate the full name without the number. I have tried different variables, but haven't been able to figure it out. Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks

This is probably a beginner's question, but I haven't been able to figure it out.

I have been working with names in event tags. In this specific instance a name for a princpal in a Funeral Tag. The sentence structure is simple "Funeral services were conduced <[D]><at [L]><. [M]>"

I would like to add the principals name, something like "Funeral services for [P] were conduced <[D]><at [L]><. [M]>"

When I generate the Individual Narrative Preview, the sentence begins with "Thomas Hager (12345) . . . . " the number being the number assigned by the program, when I first entered Thomas Hager.

I would like to generate the full name without the number. I have tried different variables, but haven't been able to figure it out. Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks

The number is not controlled by the variable in the sentence but by options in the report. In the Report Definition Screen go to Options, select the Names tab, and under Identifiers select None....

That's controlled by a report option on the Names tab (and has nothing to do with the sentence structure).

The Indivudual Narrative report has three configurations (one being the preview) when you open the report definition screen for the Individual Narrative report. Report / Individual Narrative

Select the report configuration from the Configuration Name list box at the top.

Click [Options].

Select the Names tab and look on the right at the Identifiers choices.