Hans-Juergen

2 marriages in charts?

Hello,

there are some persons, which have 2x married. The first marriage was separeted.

Now in the Hourglass Box Chart is the husband displayed in the middle, the 1. wife is left and the 2. wife is right. In the box of the man are only displayed the dates of the 1. marriage, not also of the 2. marriage :-(

I can not find, how are displayed the dates of both.

see, what I mean:

1. marriage ======== man =========== 2. marriage

date of marriage... date of 1.marriage..... date of marriage

date of divorce ......date of divorce

there is not: .........date of 2. marriage

Second: is there a chance to display also the names of the wifes after the dates?

many greetings

Hans-Juergen

Edited by Hans-Juergen

I can not find, how are displayed the dates of both.

see, what I mean:

1. marriage ======== man =========== 2. marriage

date of marriage... date of 1.marriage..... date of marriage

date of divorce ......date of divorce

there is not: .........date of 2. marriage

Hello Hans-Jürgen,

as far as I know it is only possible to show the first marriage in the box of the husband.

Second: is there a chance to display also the names of the wifes after the dates?

I don't know of a way to do that, sorry.

But why should those show up there since you see them in their own boxes to the left and to the right of the husband?

Vera,

You have right (2.).

Now I come back to my answer any days ago :-)

The 2 marriages are displayed, if I define marriage, marriage 2, marriage 3 ..... Then I can display also 2 marriages :-)

Viele Grüße

Hans-Jürgen

Now I come back to my answer any days ago :-)

The 2 marriages are displayed, if I define marriage, marriage 2, marriage 3 ..... Then I can display also 2 marriages :-)

Viele Grüße

Hans-Jürgen

Correct, but as we've discussed separately back then using differently labeled marriage tags immediately brings up other issues that you didn't like, right? ;)

[Das ist wohl richtig, aber wie wir damals ja bereits im Detail bilateral diskutiert haben, entstehen durch den Einsatz von unterschiedlich benannten Heirats-Elementen sofort andere Probleme, die Dir nicht gefallen haben, richtig?]

The technical explanation is that when you have more than one Marriage tag with the same two individuals as principals, only the tag marked primary will be output. That is why having Marriage, Marriage 2 and Marriage 3 worked. With three different tags with the same two principals, all three can be marked primary because they are different tags.

Hi Jim,

not the same two individuals as principals, but differently women and the same man! See

Eva (1. marriage) ----- Adam -------Marie (2. marriage)

The both marriage tags are mareked as primary! The 3 individuals are principals.