Evenwhen

No Tags Print w/posthumous Tag

I have LDS Ordinance tags defined in the Burial Group for posthumous ordinance rites. When an individual has one of these and a Journal Report is run with these tags selected, no tags print. All I get are the individuals name and birth information, some marriage tags??? (some print, some don't) and the children. If the tag is deleted, it works properly. If the tag is deselected for the report it works properly. The Individual data report works properly in all cases. I have a case with three individuals with birth, marriage, death and posthumous seal spouse tags. The death tag will only print on the Journal Report if the PostSealSp tag either isn't selected or isn't present.

Will be happy to send the small test case for debugging. I have run Optomize and VFI along with restarts to attempt to correct the problem.

Hmmm.... having to guess here with incomplete information, but...

I am confused by your description of a "PostSealSp" tag. That is not a standard LDS tag in TMG. "SealSpouse" is a standard LDS TMG tag but is defined in the Marriage group. Did you add this custom tag yourself? or was it the result of an import of data from some other database? I would double check that this tag is truly in the Burial group. Could you describe your report Options for your Journal Report, including your settings for surety on the General tab and your settings for Events on the Tags tab? Based on your symptoms, I suspect that this tag is actually in the Death group, and marked primary, and your Options specify to only output primary tags. But that is just a guess.

Hope this gives you ideas of where to look,

No, it is not a standard tag but a tag I defined to allow a SealSpouse tag to be used after the death of an individual since the LDS church does Posthumous ordinances but TMG objected to non-death and non-burial group events after a person's death. The Tag is truly in he burial group, that being the last group time wise. My report options are for all events, primary and non-primary, with no surity checking. Inshort, print everything that doesn't have an exclusion marker. I am truly at a loss lacking a programming glitch as to why all the other tage disappear when I select the Posthomous tags to print. :huh:

Evenwhen,

You might try moving it to the OTHER group and see if that solves the issue. While TMG might warn you about tags after death, I assure you there is no reason why you can't have lots of tags after the death date. I do.

The problem is since you have it in the BURIAL group, for some reason the journal report you are using is treating that as a DEATH tag. I think moving them to the OTHER group will solve your issues.

There appears to be something wrong with the data in the files. I have other people now with the same tags and they have no trouble printing. I did try moving the tag to the other group and got the same result as when it was in the burial group. I believe if I define a new person and all new tags with the old data the problem here will go away but that doesn't mean it isn't lurking around some other persons entry still. My only solution would be to print out every individual with these tags and be sure ther print properly. Since there are only a hundred or so, that is do-able. Would anyone like the failing case before I trash it?

Virginia

I had both "No Threshold" and "Include blank surety" checked. The problem is getting broader now. In continuing my output tuning, I cam across a Name-marr tag that wouldn't print. The same tag printed just fine for her sister, however. I deleted the tag and re-entered it but it still won't print. If this follows the previous tag problem, I could create a new project with this individual and the problem would move with her to the new project. There has to be some contamination in the file data that gets moved with the individual but which deleting and re-entering the tag doesn't clear up. I have no clue about the internals of the system or file structure so will leave that up to you guys.

Wendell

Scratch the new problem, I found the data dependency. If the surname is unknown and one uses __?__ to indicate that, the tag won't print. Changing it to (__?__) makes it work fine. This only applies to the journal report as the individual narrative works fine either way.

Edited by Evenwhen

My next suggestion would be to run VFI and Optimize until there are no problems in the VFI log. Then try again. If you are still having this issue, send an email to tech support.

As far as I know of and I have been using TMG for a long time, if a tag is selected in the list of tags for a report, it will print. The only exceptions are charts where only the PRIMARY tag of a group will print, but since you are using the journal report, that should not be an issue.

I have lots of tags that print after the death date, so I know that is not your issue.

I have to agree. I now have a few tags after the death event and there is no error message. I guess it was done away with. I run Optomiza and VFI fairly often so that was my first action. Usually I get no corrections from VFI but on occasion it finds something. I will send an Email to Tech Support with an SQZ file of the failing test case. Since it came from an export of my full project, a restore from SQZ should also fail. Let's hope. ;)

Still no resolution. I haven't heard from the support group in some time so will assume they are working on it. I hope they get it fixed before time to publish the book!