ketchell

Problems with new 7.04 update

Is anyone else having slow down and inactive problems with the new update? It is very slow and reacting erratically to mouse and text input. Seems like it is freezing up and I have to completing bail out and start up again. I've already rebooted a few times and done optimiization. I haven't changed anything my files since pre-update as I was gone so it has something to do with the new update but I haven't been able to figure out what.

Is anyone else having slow down and inactive problems with the new update? It is very slow and reacting erratically to mouse and text input. Seems like it is freezing up and I have to completing bail out and start up again. I've already rebooted a few times and done optimiization. I haven't changed anything my files since pre-update as I was gone so it has something to do with the new update but I haven't been able to figure out what.

I haven't noticed anything like that with the update.

Check the Windows Task Manager (Ctrl-Alt-Del) and see what else may be running in the background; while there check the CPU usage on the Performance tab.

Do you see the same problems in the Sample Project?

In the slow project, try running Optimize - Validate File Integrity - Optimize, in that order until VFI reports no more errors.

If you are using a filtered PE or accents, try turning them off.

Let us know what you find -

Virginia

Hi, my name is kerstyn and I just wanted to say that I have had similar problems. Mine seems to take place when I do any tagging or cancelling. I have optimized and I have rebooted. I have been having problems with my exhibits remaining intact. Anyone else have the same? I, too, felt like heaving the mouse across the room. But decided to check for fuzz instead, nothing. :blink:

I'm not sure what seems to have resolved the issue. It was definitely something with the update as no other programs had the problem on my PC and the only change had been the udpate. I had already done the optimizing but hadn't verified. So I reran all the optimizing, verifications, etc. again and then rebooted and Viola everything seems to be working fine. I suspect it was the exhibit verification process that cleaned it up for those who have the same problem.