Shaundm

Missing exhibits have been deleted by mistake

I have some missing exhibits in TMG v6.12. Somehow I have managed to delete the original file without knowing, and having checked previous back ups on my hard drive, etc the files are not there anymore. Is there anyway to get these missing exhibits back somehow?

Thanks, Shaun

Shaun,

You might check the Trashbin if you deleted them recently. There are also some utilities (look for undelete or similar in the Internet) that can check your hard disk and could find something if it has not been physically overwritten.

Otherwise, I think you are out of luck.

Regards

Helmut

It's not clear what sort of magic bullet you are looking for.

You recover data from program backups or from system backups. Hopefully, you have such backups that are not on your hard drive and are stored on some type of more permanent media such as CDs or DVDs.

It's not clear what sort of magic bullet you are looking for.

You recover data from program backups or from system backups. Hopefully, you have such backups that are not on your hard drive and are stored on some type of more permanent media such as CDs or DVDs.

My back ups (of all of my files not just TMG) are on CD, I've checked them all but they are not on the CD's which is frustrating. Perhaps I added them to TMG and then deleted straight away without realising??? It was some time ago I added the photo's.

Thanks

Shaun

If your exhibits are not in your TMG backups, then I would have to assume you chose to not include exhibits when you did the backups, or there were no exhibits to back up. A TMG backup is a single .sqz file. There is nothing that is going to remove only part (the exhibits) from that one file. If the backups of all your files have no exhibits, then if there were no exhibits on the disk when TMG did its backup the TMG backup obviously would have no exhibits. I cannot imagine anything that TMG could have done to remove your exhibits. You would have had to do that yourself.

Did you make the exhibits internal exhibits in TMG? You would see no exhibits in that case in the TMG backups since the files would be internal to the TMG database.

This has nothing to do with whether or not you can locate your original exhibit files on your hard drive or in a backup of your hard drive. That is not a TMG issue.

Did you make the exhibits internal exhibits in TMG? You would see no exhibits in that case in the TMG backups since the files would be internal to the TMG database.

Shaun,

As Jim mentioned above, you would see no separate filenames for internal exhibits if you looked at the list of files in the TMG backups, but you would see these internal exhibits after you restored from that backup if they were selected to be saved as part of the backup in the first place.