ketchell

first name only for witness or role?

From the posts and reading the help, I appears that there is no way to have the [W] or [R:rolename] display with just the given name (not full name). For example. "Susan was...." vs. "Susan Marjorie Bryant was..." I'm using roles in census descriptions based on the head of household, and find the full name that shows up in SS as very awkward reading. I know you could enter each individually but I don't want to do that. I'd rather just change the sentence for the roles to read He or She if that is the only option other than manually editing each witness/rolename instance.

I thought I read in one post that it was on the TMG wish list, or maybe wished it was on the wish list.

Any ideas or knowledge of if this feature is on the wish list is appreciated.

Debra Ketchell

From the posts and reading the help, I appears that there is no way to have the [W] or [R:rolename] display with just the given name (not full name). For example. "Susan was...." vs. "Susan Marjorie Bryant was..." I'm using roles in census descriptions based on the head of household, and find the full name that shows up in SS as very awkward reading. I know you could enter each individually but I don't want to do that. I'd rather just change the sentence for the roles to read He or She if that is the only option other than manually editing each witness/rolename instance.

I thought I read in one post that it was on the TMG wish list, or maybe wished it was on the wish list.

Any ideas or knowledge of if this feature is on the wish list is appreciated.

Debra Ketchell

Debra

in the [R:rolename] just put this instead [RG:rolename]

Kenny

Kenny,

[R:rolename] just put this instead [RG:rolename]

This is also particular to the format of how my census tags are setup. I have one dau role, one wife role, one son role, etc. I use [RG:wife], [R:father], [R:mother] etc. -- it works perfectly since there is never more than one wife, father, mother etc. usually so sentence for a wife Susan Marjorie Bryant would begin "Susan was....

However the roles dau, son, nephew, niece, etc. can be used multiple times and if I use for example [RG:dau] then the sentence begins: "Josephine Lucinda, Susan Marjorie, Mary Frances and Elizabeth Ann was..." as there are four daughters associated with the head of household and I want just "Susan was... " as this is the sentence associated with her specific [WM] data. I'll do some more reading on Roles.

Debra Ketchell

Kenny,

[R:rolename] just put this instead [RG:rolename]

This is also particular to the format of how my census tags are setup. I have one dau role, one wife role, one son role, etc. I use [RG:wife], [R:father], [R:mother] etc. -- it works perfectly since there is never more than one wife, father, mother etc. usually so sentence for a wife Susan Marjorie Bryant would begin "Susan was....

However the roles dau, son, nephew, niece, etc. can be used multiple times and if I use for example [RG:dau] then the sentence begins: "Josephine Lucinda, Susan Marjorie, Mary Frances and Elizabeth Ann was..." as there are four daughters associated with the head of household and I want just "Susan was... " as this is the sentence associated with her specific [WM] data. I'll do some more reading on Roles.

Debra Ketchell

Debra

This is what I have done:

[RG:wife 1]

[RG:wife 2]

[RG:wife 3] etc

I set up a role for most of my families such as:

[RG:with parents 1]

[RG:wife 1]

[RG:family 1]

That takes care of 1 family no mater how many children there are

Then repeat this for the next family only give it a 2 etc