patsy

Journal Report - include spouse's death date

My Journal Report is set to "Record" style.

I want the spouse's death date to be included in the report.

Here is how the text is currently generated:

1. Valentine William1 Miller was born on 30 April 1846 at Washington County, Tennessee. He married Sarah Virginia "Sally" Byerly, daughter of David Byerly and Phoebe Lawrence Wise, in 1871 at Lewiston, Washington County, Tennessee. He died on 28 July 1925 at National City, San Diego County, California, at age 79.

I recently updated computers and also updated to v 7. I could do this before, but can't figure out how to set the options.

THANKS for your help

The easiest way is to change the style to "Custom" then on the Miscellanious tab, check Include Spouse events.

Thank you very much! It's displaying now! Is this a change in v7 that you can only include spouse events if you choose 'custom'?

The spouse is a wife, to make the paragraph below clearer.

Her events display at the bottom of her husband's information, which includes a biography tag. Is there a way to move her information up to the first paragraph (after her husband's b, d, m information? The biography tags would then display after that.

It would be really tedious to have to cut and paste this when I do reports.

Patsy

Thank you very much! It's displaying now! Is this a change in v7 that you can only include spouse events if you choose 'custom'?

No, I believe it's "always" been that way - certainly way before v7.

Her events display at the bottom of her husband's information, which includes a biography tag. Is there a way to move her information up to the first paragraph (after her husband's b, d, m information? The biography tags would then display after that.

There is no option to accomplish that, although it has been requested.

There is no option to accomplish that, although it has been requested.

Thanks, Terry. I appreciate your help and your prompt responses.

I want the spouse's death date to be included in the report.
Patsy,

If you are only interested in having the death of the spouse in the narrative, you might consider customizing the Death tag type and adding a widow(er) role for the spouse. Then if you set the Journal Report Options on the Tags tab to output "All events and witnessed events" the spouse witness sentence will be output in appropriate chronological order. Using the gender specific feature of the Witness roles you might have something like the following for the "widow(er)" role sentences:

Male: [W] became a widower when his wife [PF] died<[D]>.< [WM]><[M0]>Female: [W] became a widow when her husband [PF] died<[D]>.< [WM]><[M0]>

Hope this gives you ideas,

Note that this technique places the information about the spouse's death in the body of the section, not in the BMDB section at the top, if you use that option. Thus becomes about the surviving spouse loosing his or her spouse as Michael's Sentences reflect, rather than a statement about spouse at the top where the spouse is first mentioned.