Peter Tarkkonen

After crash cant open project

While adding people with copy person feature, PC crashed.

When I tried to start TMG again, it did not start at all but I got error message "Alias "FILE_N" is not found".

From error message there was help available, and it was instructed to edit desk top icon. (ie. start + file)

Got TMG running, but cant open my project, however sample project will start.

I keep geting error message above plus many others.

Backup file is from last night, but did quite a bit work today.

Anything I could try?

Peter

You might try deleting the CDX files for the project and try to open it again.

If one of the database files are damaged, your only options are to revert to the backup or ask Support if they can repair your database.

You might try deleting the CDX files for the project and try to open it again.

If one of the database files are damaged, your only options are to revert to the backup or ask Support if they can repair your database.

Jim,

did this but did not help. Same error messages and project does not open.

Anything else I could try?

Peter

Hi,

1) If you have a backup you could restore it. Of course, in this case you will lose the data entered after the backup.

2) I had nearly the same problem some tiime ago. I conatacted the support group at support@whollygenes.com. They helped me to repair a damaged database so that I did not loose any data.

Regards

Helmut

I needed to go on so had to restore.

Lost was not that big, just one day work. However, it is more difficult to remember what was done between backup and restore.

Maybe one day there will be a log file to see what was done during last 1-2 day (=Wishlist :rolleyes: )

An other job is to check if everything has been restored as it should and was before.

To TMG ppeople few comments about restore. So far found few things which did not return with restore as was before.

- In references: Research info / Address field first line I had empty but after restore there was text (I think it was reading "house" or something, sorry, I just cleared it and did not write down that time)

- In references: Advanced:Backup file directory I had different but it was reseted to point back to TMG file directory.

Just minor things but hope it helps.

Peter

Peter, I know this won't help now, but I had a similar situation about a month ago. My 4 1/2 year old laptop shut down without notice when I was running on battery. I had TMG open at the time and could not open it afterwards. My backup was a couple days old. Fortunately, about 3 months ago I started using BackBlaze. It is set to continuous. I was able to copy all the project files from the mirror folder on BackBlaze and only lost a couple hours work.

Jan

Peter, I know this won't help now, but I had a similar situation about a month ago. My 4 1/2 year old laptop shut down without notice when I was running on battery. I had TMG open at the time and could not open it afterwards. My backup was a couple days old. Fortunately, about 3 months ago I started using BackBlaze. It is set to continuous. I was able to copy all the project files from the mirror folder on BackBlaze and only lost a couple hours work.

Jan

Jan,

sounds like an option to think about.

What I did: I added backup button to toolbar. I also have there reindex, optimize and validate. I have to run those constantly ie. about after every hour. So backup is not big additional thing.

Peter