Sign in to follow this  
iamken

2 data sets

I have two data sets I would like to put in one project so I can copy people from one to another. Is this possible? If so can anyone guide me through it?

You can tell I am confused, maybe just to old.

Thanks

Kenny

I recommend you review Terry's Tips about projects and datasets here. I think you will find your guidance there.

Thanks Michael

I have been there many times and all I can find is what the difference is between a dataset and a project, he also only talks about moving or copying from one dataset to another dataset.

I want to know how do I create a project and then move my two datasets into it.

Kenny

Kenny,

You say you have two Data Sets, but as you know from reading my article, Data Sets exist only with a Project. I gather these two Data Sets are in separate Projects, is that right?

If so, to get them into a common Project, you would Merge the two Projects. Please look at my article on Merging to see how to do that, as there are a couple of unexpected turns in the process.

Once you Merge the Projects, the two Data Sets will be in the resulting Project, and you can use Copy Person(s) to copy people from one to the other. When you are done you can delete the second Data Set from the Project if you want.

Kenny,

You say you have two Data Sets, but as you know from reading my article, Data Sets exist only with a Project. I gather these two Data Sets are in separate Projects, is that right?

If so, to get them into a common Project, you would Merge the two Projects. Please look at my article on Merging to see how to do that, as there are a couple of unexpected turns in the process.

Once you Merge the Projects, the two Data Sets will be in the resulting Project, and you can use Copy Person(s) to copy people from one to the other. When you are done you can delete the second Data Set from the Project if you want.

Thanks Terry

It worked but the "Merge" info in TMG is a bit confusing, I was there several times but backed out each time as it just did not sound to be the thing I wanted to do.

All's well in the Stugart house now.

Have a Happy New Year all

Kenny in cold Seal Beach CA