Sign in to follow this  
efcharvet

Scroll Wheel Enabled

I wish I could use the scroll wheel on my mouse to scroll through the Expanded Pick List and the Master Event List!

It works in the Master Place List, but not elsewhere. :wacko:

I would hope this isn't a big deal to enable in these other places in the next version of TMG.

Regards,

Earl

The scroll wheel works for me in the Expanded Picklist. You have to move the focus to the list itself before the it works, which you can do clicking in the list box, or pressing the tab or the down arrow keys once.

The scroll wheel also works in the Master Event List. The scroll wheel should work in any normal list but won't work in dropdown lists.

The scroll wheel also works in the Master Event List. The scroll wheel should work in any normal list but won't work in dropdown lists.

Thanks for the answer. That does it! ...

However, the Master Place List does not require a click into a data field for the scroll wheel to work.... Shouldn't the Expanded Picklist and Master Event List should work the same way? It sure isn't obvious! :huh:

Maybe this could be feature "upgrade" to add consistency.

Regards,

Earl

There is nothing to fix. The 'point' must be in the list that you want to scroll. The coding for different windows use different 'controls' (coded components) and behave differently. Can't do anything about that.

However, the Master Place List does not require a click into a data field for the scroll wheel to work.... Shouldn't the Expanded Picklist and Master Event List should work the same way? It sure isn't obvious! :huh:

The mousewheel works when the control that has the focus supports the mousewheel and has something to scroll. When you open the Master Event List or the Expanded Picklist, the "Search" textbox is the default control (i.e., has the focus), and the mousewheel doesn't have anything to scroll. In order for the mousewheel to scroll the list, the default control would have to be the list, but I think it makes more sense in those dialogs for the Search textbox to be the default.

In the Expanded Picklist, pressing the tab key moves the focus to the list, and so you can scroll the list with the mousewheel after you press tab.

In the Master Event List, pressing the tab key when the mouse in in the Search textbox moves the focus to the [Principal 1] button and then to the [Principal 2] button before you get to the list. Perhaps those buttons could be moved (physically in the window and/or in the tab order) so that scrolling the list would require less tabbing.