Sign in to follow this  
wfmyers

Restoring TMG Project on a Mac w/ Fusion

I have TMG Gold 7.04 running on Windows Vista on a Mac (OS X [snow Leopard])

with Vmware Fusion 3.1.1. I am trying to restore my data from a .sqz file

(2.42 MB). When I try to restore following the defaults, I get a “Nothing to

restore.” message. The Wholly Genes help desk says the file is clean.

Has anyone had this situation? Can you HELP!?

Thanks,

Bill Myers

Please don't cross-post to both the mail list and to the forum. The same people will end up answering your question on either site.

In the meantime, the backup .SQZ file is just a ZIP file. You can rename a copy from SQZ to ZIP and drag and drop your project files from the archive to the Projects folder or to a folder under the projects folder.

Most of the discussion about using TMG under a virtual machine on the Mac is on this forum. It would be worth your time to read those discussions.

MacBook Pro, OS X (10.6.4), Parallels 6 (6.0.11822), Win 7 Pro. Project files must be located in the WINDOWS file system. There should be a Backups folder in the Windows file system under My Documents\The Master Genealogist v7.

C:\Users\username\My Documents\The Master Genealogist v7\Backups :ph34r: username is the user name for the WINDOWS account in which you run TMG :ph34r:

Suggest you place the .sqz file in this folder then restore project to C:\Users\username\My Documents\The Master Genealogist v7\Projects

Search this forum for Parallels for more information on running TMG in a virtual machine.