Paul Mouland

How to find the focus of an exhibit

Select the exhibit and look at the lower right of the Exhibit Log. If it's an event, you will need to locate the event since there is no user number for events. Event exhibits from the Person View are linked to one of the subject's events.

I use a naming scheme for exhibits so I can look at the filename and know instantly where the exhibit is linked. My scheme was developed from Jim Terry's ideas on a Legacy help web page. The web page apparently no longer exists. See the document.

Exhibit_Filenames.pdf

Hi Paul,

If the exhibit is linked only to an event tag, Jim notes above how to find the name of the tag type. You might then run a List of Events report, filtered for that specific tag type, AND filtered for Number of Exhibits is greater than zero. The output columns should include the Principals. If you look at the exhibit, it might be help to pick out the tag and its Principals from only those of that tag type that have exhibits.

Paul,

Are you working primarily with external exhibits? If so, you might consider using TMG Utility. It has a Verify Exhibit Paths feature that verifies that the external exhibit file exists at the path specified. In the log that it creates, the "context" for each exhibit file is shown. So, for example, an event exhibit includes the tag type and the TMG IDs of P1 and P2.