I can't figure out how to add an image to a person. I was stunned to see that the word "image" does not appear in the help topics, even though one of the links on the toolbar is "image." Can someone point me in the right direction? thanks.

I can't figure out how to add an image to a person. I was stunned to see that the word "image" does not appear in the help topics, even though one of the links on the toolbar is "image." Can someone point me in the right direction? thanks.

Look up the topic "exhibits" in the Help....

I think the word you are looking for in Help is "Exhibit."

You can add Exhibits, which can include images, to People, Events, Citations, Sources, or Repositories. You do so by clicking on the camera icon on the toolbar, for People, or on the respective data entry screens for the others.

For your case you probably want to add the image either to the Person or an Exhibit attached to that person. In TMG7, only those two types can be printed in TMG reports, though all of them can be used in sites created with Second Site.

If you intend to view the images on the TMG screen by including the Image Window in your layout, or if you want to include them box charts, family group sheets, and the like, you will want to attach the images to People.

If you want them to appear in narrative reports you might consider attaching them to Events - either an existing event tag, or a custom tag type you create just for this purpose. The advantage of using Events is that you can control where in the narrative the image appears, especially helpful if you will have multiple images for a single person or you have images that relate to a specific part of the narrative.

Linda -

Use the Help > Search feature for 'Image' or 'Add Image'. A good start might be 'Add Exhibit' in that list.

Welcome to the forum!

(If you are new to the format of this forum, a tip for replying to messages: type your reply below the quoted message on the line after the closing code . When you click the 'Add Reply' button, your message will be correctly formatted or you.)

Virginia

The TMG Help is not focused on the term "image" because that is just one of many kinds of exhibits you can connect to your data. The use of the term exhibit is trying to make it clear that it can be any kind of file you might have on your computer. Examples beyond an image include a sound file from an interview, a document file that might be in Word or PDF or some other format, a simple plain text file, a "zip" archive of an entire genealogy tree, etc., etc. Thus if you search for "image", as Virginia suggested, you will get Help topics about "exhibits" because an image is only one of the many kinds of exhibits possible in TMG.

Hope this gives you ideas,