Sign in to follow this  
ruppy

Missing Witnesses

I wanted to confirm the problem of missing witnesses related by two people on the tmg mailing list. I was putting in witnesses to baptisms from some new research I had received. I used both the f8 feature and choosing a single witness at a time. I gave the two witnesses to the baptism event roles of godfather and godmother. I clicked ok each time on the edit witness window and finally on the tag entry screen. When I go back into the tag entry screen the witnesses I just installed are gone.

It doesn't help to cross-post on both the mail list and here since the same people end up needing to respond to you.

That issue doesn't appear to have been posted as a bug submission yet since the issue probably needs to be more clearly defined.

It doesn't help to cross-post on both the mail list and here since the same people end up needing to respond to you.

That issue doesn't appear to have been posted as a bug submission yet since the issue probably needs to be more clearly defined.

I'm not subscribed to the tmg mailing list. I just look at the archives. Ok, I'll try and describe what happens to me when I am entering witnesses. First of all, I usually add more than one witness so I usually use the F8 feature in the picklist to pick out multiple witnesses and hit the select button to move them to the witness area of the tag entry window. When I double click on the witness to go to the edit witness window, I may enter data in the witness memo or just leave/or change the role and click on the ok button. When I'm finished with that, I click the ok button in the tag entry window to exit out of that window. The next time I open the tag entry window my witnesses are missing. I have found that if I enter the witnesses without going into the edit witness window and click the ok button in the tag entry window to exit out of that window. I then go back into the tag entry window and then double click on the witness to make my changes in the edit witness window and click the ok button in the edit witness window and then click the ok button in the tag entry window my witnesses are not lost. I never had to do this in version 7. Hope this is clear. Where actually do I post bug reports anyway? Thanks, Jim

Ruppy

This is the correct forum to report what you think might be a bug. In this case it is one.

The problem seems to occur when you re-edit a Witness while the tag is still open. If you open the tag, add the Witness and their data, OK the Witness, then OK out of the tag, they are added with no problem. But if you re-open that Witness for more editing (or just to look at their entry then OK out of that Witness again) before doing an OK out of the tag itself, then the Witness seems to disappear. At least that is what my testing seems to show.

This has been reported to the developers.