Douglas Manson

Report Definition Screen height not adjustable

The Report Definition Screen all of the Reports cannot be adjusted for height in (at least) the UK version of V8. I use a Samsung Netbook running XP with my backup copy of TMG for field trips. It has a maximum practical depth of 600 pixels, which means that the 'Options', Create Report', etc. buttons are not visible the Descendant Indented Chart. I have 3 bars above the working area, the application bar, the 'file, edit, etc ' bar and a single line TMG toolbar with small icons. This means that the Descendant Indented Chart, arguable the most useful of the reports, is nigh on impossible to use. It can be done by increasing the screen pixel numbers, but of use only in dire emergencies.

For most of the Reports, this problem is irrelevant as the vertical height does not exceed the page size. However, there are two or 3 other reports with deep Report Definition Screens, which are in the same state as the Descendant Indented Chart

An early answer as to why the software restricts vertical manipulation it will happily allow the width to be changed, would be welcomed.

Try the 5/6 method of window resizing: Preferences / Program Options / Other. Some of the windows have a minimum size in the default v7/v8 resizing method but you can sometimes get around that with the 5/6 method.

Virginia

Virginia, Ace reply! You have one delighted customer. The Descendant Indented Report is now usable. I had not remembered about the 5/6 option. Many thanks. Douglas

Douglas, glad you are happy. But please note that most of the people who reply on this forum, including both Virginia and myself, are simply volunteer users. So you are not our "customer" but we are delighted to have you join us as a happy user.