Legergenealogist

TMG 8.05 setup file

Gilles,

It is my understanding that previous versions aren't available from the Wholly Genes site, only the archived patches for Version 7 seem to show. You might be able to contact support during the week and see if they have the pervious version available.

What issues are you having?

Dave

Well TMG 8.06 is extremely slow in comparaison with TMG 8.05.

I am running WIndows 8 on an Intel i7-3630QM with 12GB of RAM.

I use TMG in French.

First instance of this extreme slowness appeared when I added a custom census tag that I named "Rc 1930" with several custom roles. This tag was created in TMG 7.04 and possibly before that. Anyhow, I soon as I try to add a witness in this tag, TMG hangs... after 7 to 8 minutes (no exaggeration), I am then able to add the ID of the witness. As soon as it is entered, and click on the drop-down to select a role, i need to once again have to wait another 7 to 8 minutes. I have entered a fair amount of data using the same tag in TMG 8.05 without the delays.

I completely removed TMG 8.06, reinstalled TMG 8.06. No difference. Still extremely slow.

This is why I want to return to TMG 8.05 until TMG 8.07 is released.

UPDATE

Whenever I launch TMG 8.06, now it takes several minutes before it is fully lauched. Once it is launched, usage seems to be normal as long as I don't to anything with the Census 1930 tag. This includes adding it to a person or trying to edit any of the roles within it. It is very bizarre!

I'm guessing that you have already tried reindexing, optimizing and running VFI?

Dave