Sign in to follow this  
Judi

Sureties display incorrectly

Some of my sureties are not displaying correctly. They are either missing or wrong. It happens most with names and relationships but I've also found it in other tags. I've run all three maintenance options and it seems to correct but then I find more of them. I was told this would be fixed when I upgraded from TMG7 to TMG8 but it hasn't. I've just switched to another line I have not worked on in a year and am finding more of them. The display automatically corrects itself only when I open the tag. It is really messing up my reports. I don't want to move to TMG9 until I can figure out how to fix this and know that it is fixed. Thanks for any help. Judi

Judi,

I don't know if the specific problem you mentioned is fixed in TMG v9 or not. Your rationale for staying with TMG v8 is flawed; by not upgrading, you don't know if the problem is fixed or not, and by not upgrading, you deny Wholly Genes the income they need to keep supporting you, keep diagnosing and fixing problems, etc. Upgrade.

I agree completey, John. But I was hoping for a solution before I upgraded. I'm in the middle of a project and my reports will not print correctly because of this surety bug which I thought was fixed when I upgraded to v8. And I will upgrade as soon as I finish this project as I have done with every upgrade since I started with v4. I'm still a big fan of TMG.

What version of V8 are you running? I seem to remember that early versions had an issue with surety, but later versions of 8 and certainly v9 did have some fixes in this area. Can't guarantee that your specific problem is fixed, but like John I would suggest upgrading.

Running v8.08. I'm still finding more. The latest was a Death tag with a 3 security in the display for a - security when I opened the tag. Guess I had better upgrade and cross my fingers that v9 will fix this old v7 bug in my database. I've got almost 13,000 people and I can't fix them individually.