Sign in to follow this  
CherylChasin

9.03 error?

I'm running v9 on a Mac using Parallels and Windows 7. No problems until I downloaded and installed the update for v9.03. When I tried to restart TMG, I received the following error message: The program can't start because MSVCR71.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

Has anyone else seen this? I'm going to reinstall (not much choice, but such a pain) but not update again unless I hear differently.

Cheryl

Several people have seen this particular problem with the 'Check for an Update' installation.

Helmut has given you a solution. If the installer 'Repair' option doesn't work, then uninstall and do a clean install with the 'trial' version.

And when you hear that a later version has been released, avoid the 'Check for an Update' approach and download and install the 'trial' version.

I've experienced install problems on my Parallels/Win7 vm having to go the uninstall and reinstall route. I've found that after uninstalling I have to manually remove the data_paths.txt file (and any other files that the uninstall may have left behind) from the program folder to get a good TMG install, don't forget to put the data_paths.txt file back in the program folder before starting TMG for the first time after reinstallation.

Edited by ggilbert1