Sign in to follow this  
E524

Report configuration

I have the Report I want still clean in version 8. How can I get that into version 9. Can I just copy a specific file from the v.8 folder to the v.9 folder?

I cleared one of my saved reports back to default and want to make sure I get it back cleanly. My last backup was 3 days ago before a reunion so I don't want to just restore that. I have a report configuration called Reunions. I made a couple changes to fit inside a 2' page for the reunion Saturday but didn't save it as part of the configuration. When I went to call that report today I wanted to clear those temporary changes and mistakenly clicked the Reset Defaults button thinking it would put it back to my saved settings. Nope, that clears it back to the Descendant Chart defaults.

Thanks

Robert

Robbie,

The simple way is to create a new Backup in v8 and then Restore it in v9. If all you want to transfer is the report definition, clear all the check marks at Step 3 of the Backup except "Report Configurations." Then in Step 4 choose which configurations to include.

You can also find the report definition files and copy them to the new location. They have the extension "rpt" and are by default located in a folder called "Configuration files" which is a peer of the folder where projects are stored.

If I did the backup/restore I wouldn't I lose the weekends data entry?

Is it safe to just move the Reunions.rpt file from The Master Genealogist v8/Configuration_files to The Master Genealogist v9/Configuration_files

Backup and restore have many options. You can backup and restore only the customization files that you want to transfer and not include the project files. In this case, your project files will not be affected.

You can also simply copy the report configuration files from the v8 Configuration_files folder to the v9 Configuration_files folder.