Sign in to follow this  
Rickedmo

Difficulty with GEDCOM export

I am running version 9.03.0000 Gold UK Edition and have about 2500 individuals entered. I've been asked to provide a GEDCOM file of the whole family project to a cousin. If I go to File > Export and run through the process, the export stops with the message "EDMONDSON_N.FPT is missing or is invalid. XXXX GO_ALIAS" where XXXX is a four digit number, initially 2605, and the program locks up. If I click "Ignore" the four digit number cycles up six or so times and then repeats.

Certainly the file EDMONDSON_N.FPT is there is the correct directory.

I have tried the various maintenance options incuding validation and have tried restoring from my oldest backup (maybe six weeks old) but nothing helps.

I have had a review of fifty or so individuals at random and as far as I can see the data seems to be intact.

How do I get the GEDCOM data out and how do I correct this problem? Thanks.

Go read the topics in the TMG9 forum on the difficulties with GEDCOM export and third party programs interferring with the export.

This is not a UK issue but is a TMG issue.

For example...

http://www.whollygenes.com/forums201/index.php?/topic/15828-gedcom-export-fromtmg/

This topic has several ideas for dealing with the issue.

Jim, thanks for that.

I have tried running TMG with Windows 7 in Safe Mode so there should be no other programs running, but I get the same outcome. Although I have run the integrity check in the Maintenance option and received a positive answer, is there any other way that I can make a distinction between there being some fault in the project files or whether my problem is some sort of interference with the program?

The problem with GEDCOM export in this case was a damaged project.

Had to fix the name table memo file and sent Rick the fixed project and a GEDCOM.