Karla Huebner

missing exhibits in import

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but no exhibits are found when I import from FTM. The import is normal other than that. I'm told that the exhibits should be included in the .ftmb file I was sent.

Suggestions?

Karla

The .ftmb file is a .ZIP file. Change the filetype to .ZIP and check the file to see if the exhibits are included.

Also and this is important... The backed up .FTM database must be v2008 or v2009. The import of FTM v2010 and later database versions is not supported.

Thanks, found two exhibits. I'll ask if that's all there were--the import indicated that there were lots more but I didn't look closely at the list beyond to note that they were all jpgs.

We had already figured out the version question after TMG refused to import the current version and I looked at the Help.

I tried re-importing to take another look at the log (since I couldn't find such a log file). There were supposed to be more than two exhibits, so I wonder what became of the rest... what came through was a couple of census images, but not all census images and not a Civil War Draft image.