Sign in to follow this  
Tom Heimel

Updating v9.01 to v9.05

I am having issues trying to install the update to v9.05 from v9.01. I keep getting an error message "Error opening installation log file. Verify that the specified log file location exists and is writable." I have no idea where the installation log file "it" is looking for is located but everything is where it should be.

Please don't post in unrelated topics.

Are you using 'Check for an update' or running the downloaded full installer?

You should not use 'Check for an update'. You can download the v9.05 installer using the link here...

http://www.whollygenes.com/forums201/index.php?/topic/15915-tmg9-final-installers/

It might help to select the downloaded installer and right-click and select 'Run as administrator' to run the installer.

To expand on Jim's comment, there is no true "update" to Version 9.01. The Version 9.05 full installer file will be a complete replacement of any Version 9 you already have installed. When you run it, it will first remove any current Version 9 program which may be installed and then do a full install of Version 9.05. In fact you can run this same installer file with no version of TMG already installed and it will install Version 9.05. Hope this helps explain.